The Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) is a formal nationally recognized certificate issued by the Government to individuals who have shown capabilities that are required and been equipped with specific competencies to perform tasks and functions for gainful employment in selected fields.
This certification offers five (5) levels of authentication:
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 1
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 2
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3
- Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM) Level 4
- Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM) Level 5
The SKM program in Global Institute of Studies (GIS) is recognized by Ministry of Human Resource (MOHR) and is accredited by Department of Skills Development (JPK- Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran).
The Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM), Malaysian Skills Diploma (DKM) and Malaysian Skills Advanced Diploma (DLKM) are implemented based on the National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS) which are established by the Department of Skills Development under the Ministry of Human Resources. NOSS is a document that outlines the skills required of an employee working in Malaysia at a certain level of employment to achieve specific skills. It is career-based and prepared by selected industrial experts.
All Malaysians with PMR/PT3/SPM, aged between 16 to 45 years old and able to speak and write in Malay or English are eligible for entry.Trainees signing up for a higher SKM level in the same field must have passed the lower SKM level.
International students are welcome to apply.
Trainees pursuing the SKM courses are eligible to apply for financial assistance below:
- Perbadanan Tabung Pembangunan Kemahiran (PTPK)/ Skills Development Fund Corporation
A statutory corporation managed by the Ministry of Human Resources to provide loans for those individuals who undergo skills trainings at accredited training centres. This loan is applicable to trainees under Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM), Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM) Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM).
Benefits of SKM
- Recognized by the industry in Malaysia.
- Provides an attractive career path and personal growth opportunity for trainees and is comparable to a career choice based on academic qualifications.
- Able to produce skilled workers who are trained and qualified to improve the competitiveness of local industries in the world market.